Welcome to Charlottesville SHRM! We are a dynamic group of approximately 200 members that reflects the vibrancy and diversity of the human resource profession in the region.
We are a proud affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world's largest association devoted to human resource management.
We are generalists and specialists, practitioners and executives, students, friends and colleagues. We work for organizations large and small, serving individuals and employers across the region.
We are united in our commitment to the human resource profession and to the people and organizations around us. We support each other with outstanding programs, professional development initiatives, and networking opportunities. We serve our community through workforce development programs and by increasing awareness and knowledge of the human resource profession.
We are Charlottesville SHRM. We hope you will join us for the great things ahead.
Mission and Code of Ethics
IT IS THE MISSION of Charlottesville SHRM to serve as a recognized resource and provide leadership to its membership and the business community through sharing and promoting best practices in human resource management.
CODE OF ETHICS:
- I will respect the dignity of the individual as one of the essential elements of success in any enterprise.
- I will demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperative effort between owner, employees and general public, directly or indirectly connected with the enterprise.
- I will advance those ethical employee relation concepts in personnel administration and labor relations which contribute to the objectives of the enterprise.
- I will reveal the facts in any situation where my private interests are in conflict with those of my employer or other principles.
- I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, sex, age, party politics, or social standing to influence my professional activities.
- I will strive to attain and demonstrate a professional level of knowledge within the body of knowledge comprising the management field.
- I will encourage and participate in research to develop and advance new and improved management methods, skills and practices sharing the productive results of such research with others.
- I will never use the Association or its members for purposes other than those for which they were designed.